The 28th week until the birth of your baby is called the third trimester of pregnancy and you can decide birth options and preferences and nevertheless, it is important to bestow to the pregnancy progresses.
Being mindful of the ways that your growing baby is touching your body will support you in better concoct yourself for these variations as they happen. It’s also helpful to be aware of the detailed risk factors for each of the trimesters.
Pregnancy is divided into 3 blocks of 3 months each – the first, second, and third trimesters. Reaching week 27 of your pregnancy means you’re now in the third and final trimester.
While this trimester could end at week 40, in reality, it ends each time your baby is born. The constant lightning crotch is used for the birth time and it is for the natural pains during delivery.
What happens to the body?
If you gave a close look at the time your baby will be born and here is something to notice:
- You may have stretch marks and alignments
- May get tired easily and sleep may be difficult
- Also, you may experience heartburn and breathlessness as the baby grows in your abdomen.
You may face backaches and it may hold your breath can be tough to sit due to the abdomen. You may do simple pregnancy exercises and contact your health care provider.
Your baby begins to turn itself head-down to get ready for delivery. At week 36, the baby’s head should begin to move into your pelvic area, also called lightening. It will stay in this down-facing position for the last 2 weeks of the third trimester of pregnancy weeks your pregnancy. And also your doctor may start seeing your health care frequently like regularly check-up as:
- test your urine for protein
- check your blood pressure
- listen to the fetal heart rate
- measure your fundal height (the approximate length of your uterus)
- check your hands and legs for any swelling
- Difficulty getting comfortable in bed and frequent bathroom visits can mean poor sleep, which is known to trigger irritability and low mood in some people.
- By the end of the third trimester, the fetus is about 19 to 21 inches long and weighs, on average, six to nine pounds. Fetal development during the third trimester includes:
- For many babies, the irises of the eyes are slate blue. The permanent eye color will not appear until several days or weeks after birth.
- The fetus can suck its thumb and has the ability to cry.
- By 38 to 40 weeks, the fetus’ lanugo has disappeared almost completely.
- By 38 to 40 weeks, the lungs have matured completely.
- The baby is covered in vernix caseosa (or simply called vernix), a creamy, protective coating on the skin.
- The head will usually turn downward during the last couple of weeks of pregnancy.
- The fetus can see and hear.
- The brain continues to develop.
- The kidneys and lungs continue to mature.
- By the 36th week, the head may “engage” (drop into the pelvic area) – a process called “lightening.”
Also, your doctor will check the baby’s position and squared your cervix in order to monitor how your body is making for childbirth. Somewhere between weeks 36 and 37, you’ll be separated for bacteria called group B streptococcus. You can use this pregnancy pillow for comfortable sleep and with easy positions.
A modest gauze will be taken from your vaginal area before being sent away for lab assessment. The spectra s1 review is used for pumping out the breast milk without any pain and problem.
Travel boundaries in the third trimester of pregnancy exercise take effect during the third trimester. It’s advised that you stay in ascetically close immediacy to your doctor or midwife in case you go into industry crucial.
During the third trimester, the vernix caseosa, a shielding varnish, refuges your fetus’ skin. Soft body hair termed the lanugo falls out and is practically extinct by the end of week 40. The best Philips Avent bottles are made with durable material and used for the hygiene milk providing for the babies.
Emotional and mental changes
As the baby grows you may feel uneasy and uncomfortable with the tiredness of pregnancy and irritational. You may also emotional and mood may swing also in the third trimester of pregnancy diet the process of childbirth. The third trimester of pregnancy may face depression, anxiety also in this condition. You may remember some things for yourself to reduce anxiety:
- trust your body – the processes in your body are doing exactly what they need to do
- talk to your partner, friends, family, and healthcare team
- tell your healthcare team if your anxiety is severe or prolonged
- keep your mind occupied by preparing for the birth, for example packing your hospital bag
- You might feel apprehensive, particularly if this is your first baby. To stay calm, write your feelings in a periodical. It’s also helpful to plan ahead. The realism of fatherhood strength begins to sink in as well. And you can also do exercise in the pregnancy for a healthy pregnancy cycle.
You may visit frequently to your doctor and get checkups like weight blood pressure and tell your doctor about any signs and symptoms regarding the third trimester of pregnancy. Regardless of your vaccination status, one dose of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine is recommended during each pregnancy.
You may face different steps of tests like Gestational diabetes, Iron deficiency anemia, Group B Strep, and more. Use a pregnancy belt so that you may work comfortably in pregnancy period time.
Things to consider
As your due date approaches heartburn and the third trimester of pregnancy, keep asking questions. Significant what to suppose can help you have the most optimistic birth experience. And also do some selections as the date is near for the third trimester of pregnancy like:
- consider what you will need when you bring your baby home
- if you have other children (or pets), plan for their care while you are in hospital
- consider shopping ahead – especially for non-perishable staples (tinned foods, bathroom products, etc.)
- pack a hospital bag
- book a hospital/birthing center tour
- arrange a properly-fitted car seat (to bring your baby home)
What do I need to know about my third trimester?
During the third trimester, your fetus will continue to grow in size and weight as lungs are getting matured and the fetus begins to change positions with 19 to 21 inches long and weighs.
Can I eat bananas during the third trimester?
You can eat almost 2/9 fruits in the pregnancy and bananas can be eaten in pregnancy which is rich in carbohydrates and it is much-needed energy during this time.