Once your baby starts crawling, strategically placed gates can make your life much easier—and your child becomes safer by keeping him far away from potential dangers, like stairs. Here you will see a complete review of Summer Retractable Baby Gate that might interest you.
Child safety gates are intended for youngsters between 6 months and a couple of years aged. Once a toddler learns the way to open a gate, or can climb over it, it should not be relied upon as a security device.
Gates we’ve tested have various designs to stop children from opening them while allowing them to get opened and closed by adults.
Summer infant retractable baby gate has a singular design that provides an innovative alternative to traditional hardware mounted gates by allowing the user to stay entryways open when the security barrier isn’t needed.
- RETRACTABLE GATE: Enjoy the full walk-thru space on your entrances with the Summer Retractable Gate for Baby. This 30” tall baby gate can fit openings up to 50” wide and can be used between doorways and stairways.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Easily install this hardware mounted baby gate in between hallways, doorways, and stairways with the included kit. Also included is a baseboard kit for installation where baseboards are present, no extra purchase necessary.
- INNOVATIVE ALTERNATIVE GATE: This Summer infant retractable baby gate provides an innovative alternative to traditional hardware mounted gates without the hassle of always having a closed barrier between rooms.
- SAFE AND SECURE: Have peace of mind knowing your child can explore safely with this high-quality baby gate from Summer. The simple locking lever makes it easy to push down to lock and pull up to unlock.
- STYLISH BABY GATE: This decorative baby gate is made out of a durable, decorative mesh fabric with a silver satin finish and charcoal accents, so you can childproof your home in style. Standing 30” tall, it is ideal for use with toddlers.
Gate safety depends on solid construction, reliable hardware. Here are some specifics to consider.
To discourage an adventurous child from climbing over a gate, the one you purchase should be a minimum of three-quarters of your child’s height. (Gates must be a minimum of 22 inches high.)
If he’s tall for his age, accompany a better gate. Some areas are high as 39 inches, just like the Dream Baby Extra-Tall Walk-Thru Summer infant retractable baby gate. Smooth and easy to install baby gates like Evenflo Baby Gate – sets the lower limit to other brands. You will find competing this summer retractable baby gate competing Evenflo in quality and security of your loved ones.
Wood surfaces should be smooth, splinter-free, and rounded instead of squared edges. Metal could be more durable than wood. Some gates have a support bar that crosses the ground beneath the gate, which could cause tripping when the gate is open.
Safety gate slats should be vertical slats or bars but 3 inches apart to stop head entrapment. But that would still be enough space to let an adventurous toddler get an edge on the gate’s horizontal bottom rail an effort to climb over the gate or choose a ride on the swing-out door. This might cause injury and will also dislodge and/or damage the gate.
Many summer Baby gate for infants are often mounted to odd areas, like stair balusters, angled banisters, and drywall where there’s no wood framing behind it.
You can attach the gate easily where it’s to be adjusted.
This gate is meant to be used and locked with one hand. This is often excellent news for parents who often carry our babies from one room to the opposite single-handedly.
Baby gate summer infants also can be used outdoors with many buyers using it solely on their decks. It’s also made up of top quality, strong materials. The mesh is scratch resistant and can last years even under heavy use.
Parents often find themselves wondering whether or not they left the baby gate open. Self-closing baby gates reduce this worry. After you rehearse the gate door, the gate automatically closes securely behind you.
Parents love baby gates with dual-swinging doors. Regardless of which way you’re getting into your home, the door can swing both ways.
These also often include a double-locking feature to make the door securely. You’ll never need to worry about your baby pushing or pulling the door open.
The safest baby gate summer infant has built-in indicators to point out when the gate isn’t closed properly. Some baby gates sound an alert when the gate isn’t closed securely or shine little red light on the baby gate door to provide you with a warning.
- Durable and strong mesh material
- Works for indoors and outdoors
- Certified for both top and bottom of the stairs
- Fits narrow spaces
- Quiet operation
- 2 width options and 3 color options: black, white, and tan
- Extra wall mounting and stair banister mounting kits available
- One-hand operation
- Must place 6-inches from the top of stairs for safety, making installation trickier
- Pet approved but doesn’t work well for small dogs
- Must close and lock the gate for proper operation